Different career options after 10th:
After 10th results are out, there is one common question that strikes in every student’s mind “What next after 10th”? Science, Commerce or Arts? This is a common confusion which most of the students face. Every field has a lot of career opportunities but choosing the right stream which students are interested should be the main concern.
Career Options After 10th
1. Science –
• Science is the most popular and favourite career option for the majority of the parents and students.
• Science stream offers many lucrative career options such as engineering, medical, IT and you can even opt for research roles.
• The best advantage of taking science stream is, it keeps your options open. You might switch from science to commerce or science to arts. But it is not possible to do the other way around.
• Science and math offer a flexible foundation which enables students to accomplish highly respected and well-paid jobs.
2. Commerce –
• Commerce is the second most popular career option after science. If you love numbers, finances, economics etc., then finance is the best option for you.
• It offers a wider variety of career options such as Chartered Accountants, MBA, investment in banking sectors etc.
• You acquire commercial knowledge which is very important for the business.
• You have to be familiar with the subjects such as Accountancy, Finance, Economics etc.
• Commerce as a subject is gaining popularity in India and many students are studying and making a living out of it.
3. Arts/Humanities –
• Arts is now emerging as a sought after career choice. It provides students with an array of career opportunities.
• It offers many lucrative career options such as Journalism, languages, history, psychology etc.
• Design, Language Arts, Performing arts, Humanities are well-paid career options.
• Arts subject encourage creativity and self-expression.
What are the career options after 10th class?
Picking the right career option after 10th is probably the most important decision of your life and should not be taken in a hurry. Here are some better options:
• Intermediate (2years) – After 10th class, the student can select subject groups like PCM, PCB, PCMB, Commerce with Maths, Commerce without Maths. Post completion of 12th class, one can do graduation in multiple disciplines based on the subject selection.
• Polytechnic – After 10th class, students can do polytechnic courses like Mechanical, Civil, Chemicals, Computer, Automobile. Polytechnic colleges offer diploma courses for a duration of 3 years, 2 years and also 1 year.
• ITI (Industrial Training Institutes) – After 10th class, students can do ITI courses for employment like Mechanical, electrician, electrical.
• Paramedical – After 10th class, students can do paramedic courses like DMLT (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology), DOA(Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistant), DOT (Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistant).
• Short term courses – After 10th class, students can do short term courses like Tally, DTP, Graphics.