How to apply for paper 1 in JEE and its criteria?
If you are a science-techno geek who dreams of becoming an engineer one day, then JEE exam is like the ‘gate of heaven for you. Because JEE exam allows you to pursue your engineering graduation from India’s best technology institutions.
IITs [Indian Institute of Technology] are the most reputed educational institutions of India for pursuing B.tech. There total of 23 IIT colleges in India with 16053 seats in B.tech courses in different specializations. For any science student who dreams of becoming an engineer one day, taking admission into IIT is an accomplishment. JEE is the main exam that you need to clear for taking admission into IIT. JEE exam is also important to take admission in any other reputed colleges of India for pursuing your engineering degree.
In 2020, more than 22 lakh students registered for JEE exam. With very high competition and fewer seats, JEE exam is among one of the toughest exams to crack. But with the right strategy and hard work you can easily turn the stone of JEE exam away from the path of your admission.
JEE exam is divided into two steps- JEE Mains and JEE advance. JEE Mains is also known as paper 1 and JEE advance is also called paper 2. Recently, the government has decided to take JEE exam four times a year. Today, we will discuss everything about the first paper of JEE exam that is ‘JEE Mains’.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JEE MAINS
Like any other exam, JEE mains has also certain criteria for allowing students who can sit for the exam. In gradual years this criteria has changed in many ways. It is very important to fill the registration properly and fulfill every eligibility criteria to avoid any kind of rejection. NTA decides all the eligibility criteria for all the JEE exam aspirants. Here, we are discussing the latest criteria for JEE Mains exam 2021.
NTA has decided that there are no fixed age limit criteria for JEE mains exam aspirants, though there are a few certain points that an aspirant must fulfill.
It is mandatory for the JEE exam aspirant to pass the class 12th in 2019/2020 or must be appearing in 2021 for the exams.
Aspirants who have passed their class 12th before 2018 are not eligible to sit for the exam.
NTA has also decided on a few criteria for JEE Mains for the nationality of the candidate as well.
It is mandatory to be an Indian citizen to sit for JEE exams.
In 2021, the NRIs [Non-Residential Indian], PIO [ Persons of Indian Origin], or OCI [Overseas Citizen of India] category candidates can also sit for JEE exam after providing certification for every stage.
There is a fixed number of attempts for every JEE exam aspirant sanctioned by NTA.
JEE exam aspirants are allowed to sit for JEE Main 3 times while for JEE Advance for 2 times.
For taking admission in Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Odisha, and Gujarat institutions, all the criteria points will be according to their state policies regarding the JEE exam.
Qualifying marks in class 12th
For JEE exam 2021, there is a fixed criterion for minimum qualifying marks in class 12th.
NTA has changed its policies and now there are no minimum marks required in class 12th to sit for JEE Main exam.
For taking admission in NITs GFITs, SPAs and IIITs also, no minimum marks are required.
NTA had decided to provide certain seats under reservation to support underprivileged classes. The categories that will get benefit under this are;
Non-creamy layer OBCs [ Other Backward Classes]
STs [ Scheduled Tribes]
SCs [ Scheduled Castes]
PwD [ Persons with Disability] more than 40%
Documents required to apply for JEE Main
There are a few certain documents that compulsory to fill the JEE exam form. The candidates should keep the following documents handy;
• Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
• Aadhar enrollment number or aadhar card
• Passport or voter ID’s scanned images
• Mobile number and email-ID
• Scanned passport size photo
• Scanned copy of the signature
JEE Mains Application Process
The step-by-step process to fill the JEE exam form is as;
• All the eligible JEE exam aspirants need to do the exam registration on the official website- https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/
• Then, candidates need to fill the application form for JEE exam given on the site. You should fill in all the required details correctly like academic details, guardians, exam centers, etc.
• A password will also be generated to log in to the application form in the future, to download admit card, and to check the results.
• After that, the candidate must submit or upload all the required documents properly. Be mindful of filling in all the details and documents properly, otherwise, your application form for JEE exam can be rejected.
• The last step is to pay your application fees. The application fee varies according to gender and caste reservation basis. At last, if you want you can take a printout of the confirmation page.
How to apply for paper 1 in JEE and its criteria?