How to become a data scientist?
‘Data’ is one of the most hotspot topics right now. In the 21st century, data has made itself very crucial in every department. Many companies and governments are now buying data and using it in many useful ways. Data scientist is also being considered as one of the trendy career paths.
Data has enormous power of tracking and understanding the traits of people and communities. This makes data science very viable. Data science is the term that refers to the researching and analysis of virtual data. As everyone is nowadays is spending a large part of their life on various online platforms, companies are also spending huge money on collecting their online presence data. Data science helps them to understand their habits and traits by AI technology.
Due to the huge demand for data science, the data scientist career has also become very fascinating. Choosing a career path is a very important decision in life. But many students and individuals don’t have enough information and means to take the right decision. If you are also interested in data and technology then, data science is one of the best career paths for you. Today, we will discuss everything with you about ‘ how to become a data scientist?’.
What is a data scientist?
Data scientists play with data! A data scientist gathers and analyzes data through various means. Then, data scientist also studies and concludes from this data which ultimately used by organizations to take important decisions.
The work of a data scientist is to provide insights from all the data and create actionable plans for organizations, companies, and governments. They use their analytical skills, research skills, contextual understanding, technical skills, industry knowledge, and skepticism to find solutions for business challenges through data science.
How to become a data scientist?
Now let’s discuss the elephant in the room. A basic question that everyone asks who is interested in data science– how to become a data scientist? There are various data science courses, graduation programs as well as master’s programs for which you can opt. The best part of this field is that you don’t need to have a degree if you want to start a career in data science. If you have skills then you can easily make your career in data science. You can also develop and polish your skills without a degree. We will also discuss this in later portions of this blog. Let’s begin!
To become a data scientist, there is no specific subject is needed to be taken in 11th and 12th standard. But as a data scientist, you will need to have good mathematics skills. That’s why it is advisable to choose maths in 11th and 12th standard which can be helpful for you in later years. You can also opt for commerce. In this subject, maths and economics along with statistics are taught which collectively play a very important role in developing skills which fit the industry demands well.
Data science is dynamically developing my career path right now. Many universities and colleges are affiliated to provide various UG courses in data science. There are various courses with different specializations that you can choose to fulfill your dream of becoming a data scientist. The various UG courses are;
- Bachelor’s of Data Science – it is a 4-year-long program that helps in developing the skills of SAAS and provides a deep insight into virtual data science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics – it is a 4 years long degree program. This program helps in understanding the insights of business administration along with technology.
- B.Sc in Computer Science – it is 3 years long degree course which teaches students about computer science.
- Bachelor’s of technology – it is a 4 year-long program. This helps in developing the skills of technology.
- Bachelor’s of Computer Science – it is also a 3 years UG course. If done properly it can be an alternative to B.tech also.
For pursuing your career in data science further you can also opt for higher studies. It will also help in giving you better insights into the subject and industry. It also helps in enhancing your skills more. These various courses are;
- Masters in Data Science– it is 2 years long program that is specifically based on data science.
- M.Sc in Data Science – this program provides an understanding of the scientific and technological aspects of data science.
- MBA in Data Science – it is also a 2 year-long program that provides high in-demand knowledge and exposure.
For becoming a data scientist you must enhance your skills like;
- Python coding
- Data Visualization
- Data extraction
- Machine Learning Algorithms
- Data Management
You should also opt for various internships to enhance your skills. It is very important to take real-time exposure in this field.