How to register for COVID vaccination: A step by step guide
What is covid vaccine?
A COVID19 vaccine is a vaccine designed to confer acquired immunity against the virus that causes coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID19), the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARSCoV2). They have received widespread acclaim for their role in decreasing COVID-19’s spread, severity, and mortality.
Prior to the COVID19 pandemic, there was a well-established body of information regarding the structure and function of coronaviruses that cause illnesses like SARS and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). During the early 2020s, this information aided the development of several vaccination technologies.
Types of vaccines
. RNA vaccines
When RNA is injected into a tissue, it functions as messenger RNA (mRNA), causing the cells to produce the foreign protein and stimulating an adaptive immune response that teaches the body how to recognise and eliminate the pathogen or cancer cells. Nucleoside-modified messenger RNA is commonly used in RNA vaccines, although not always. The transport of mRNA is accomplished by combining the molecule with lipid nanoparticles, which shield the RNA strands and aid their absorption into cells.
. Adenovirus vector vaccines
These vaccines, which use an adenovirus shell carrying DNA that encodes a SARSCoV2 protein, are non-replicating viral vector vaccines. On-replicating virus vector-based vaccines against COVID-19 generate just the antigen that induces a systemic immune response, rather than producing new virus particles.
. Inactivated virus vaccines
Inactivated vaccines are made up of viral particles that have been produced in culture and then destroyed with heat or formaldehyde to lose their ability to cause illness while still triggering an immune response.
. Other types
Viral-like particle vaccines, numerous DNA plasmid vaccines, at least two lentivirus vector vaccines, a conjugate vaccine, and a vesicular stomatitis virus expressing the SARSCoV2 spike protein are among the other vaccines under clinical testing.
What are the benefits of getting a COVID-19 vaccine?
• Prevent yourself from contracting COVID-19, becoming very ill, or dying as a result of COVID-19.
• Stop yourself from infecting others with the COVID-19 virus.
• Increase the number of persons in the community who are immune to COVID-19, making the illness more difficult to spread and contributing to herd immunity.
• Stop the COVID-19 virus from spreading and reproducing, which would allow it to evolve and become more vaccination resistant.
How to book slot for vaccination on Paytm?
• To begin, go to the Google Play Store and download the Paytm app for Android.
• Then go to the Paytm app and sign in.
• Scroll to the Mini App Store area at the bottom of the page.
• The Vaccine Finder option will be available here.
• You can also search for vaccination finder by tapping on the search icon.
• Then, after filling up the relevant information, tap on ‘Check Availability’ to see whether any Covid vaccination slots are available.
How to register yourself for coronavirus vaccine via Co-WIN app?
• On your Android phone, download and instal the Co-WIN app.
• To get started, open the app and input your phone number.
• Once you’ve received the OTP, enter it and click Verify.
• The signup page will now appear.
• Fill in your personal information, such as your name, age, and gender.
• Please upload the necessary papers.
• To register, use the register button.
• Choose a health centre and schedule an appointment for any time that is convenient for you.
• To successfully register for the Covid vaccination, tap on Book Appointment.
How to book slots for vaccine on CoWIN website?
• Go to www.cowin.gov.in for further information.
• ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Centre’ is located at the bottom of the page.
• Then choose ‘Register Yourself.’
• Enter your phone number and press the ‘Get OTP’ button.
• To reserve a space, enter the OTP and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to register using the Aarogya Setu app on Android, iOS?
• On your Android or iOS smartphone, download and instal the Aarogya Setu app.
• Check to see if the app is up to date if you already have it installed.
• Follow the on-screen steps to register.
• Select Vaccination from the drop-down menu.
• Enter your phone number and confirm it with an OTP.
• Fill out the essential information to register for the Covid vaccination.
• You will receive an SMS on the provided cell phone number after the booking has been completed successfully.
• The immunisation centre will want proof of such confirmation.
What is the dose schedule of both vaccines?
The gap between two doses of Covishield should be 4-8 weeks.
The second dosage of Covaxin can be given 4-6 weeks following the first.
What are the symptoms after vaccination?
Fever, chills, bodily aches, and exhaustion. If they appear, plain paracetamol can be taken.
At the injection site, there will be redness and discomfort.